I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by diaryofazombiemum Thank you so much! Please check out her blog.
The Rules for The Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display The Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or in your blog
My questions from diaryofazombiemum:
1. Who is your blogging idol?
My blogging idol would have to be Family Days Tried and Tested. I have followed their blog and Facebook page for years. I have gotten so many ideas for keeping the girls entertained from their posts, and everything is so simple and doesn’t take a lot of time and money to set up. Even before I had kids I read their blog posts and hoped that one day I could help make childhood as magical as they do.
2. Who is your favourite fictional character?
That is a tough one, but I think I’d choose Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones. She is such a strong woman and I wish I was even just a fraction of how tough she is.
3. What is your silliest regret?
Right now my silliest regret is ever showing my kids an episode of Masha and the Bear. Now they are obsessed and they want to watch it every single day! Haha.
4. If you could live in any time period (other than now) when would you like to live?
I would live in the 1960s as it was an amazing time of change. There was a social and cultural shift and young people began to be able to express themselves individually through fashion, music and cinema.
5. What is your favourite item of clothing?
It has got to be the onesie! There is nothing better that snuggling up in that and watching rubbish TV, when the kids have finally given up and gone to sleep. Glass of wine in hand too of course!
6. Which achievement are you most proud of?
My daughters are by far my biggest achievement. The last 4 years have been the hardest but the best of my life. No one quite prepares you for how tough it is having screaming new-borns and tantruming toddlers, but I am so proud of the beautiful little girls they are.
7. Cats or dogs?
That one is tough because I have a cat AND a dog so I don’t think it would be fair to choose a side on that one!
8. What is your favourite recipe?
I have to admit I’m not the most accomplished chef. My daughters are the pickiest eaters in the world and are happiest eating pizza and chicken nuggets! However I do enjoy making Mexican dishes… with a little help from Old El Paso haha!
9. Are we alone in the universe?
I’m pretty open minded on this one. I have yet to see any compelling evidence of the existence of aliens or other worldly creatures so if I had to say one way or the other I would say yes we are alone. However I’d like to be proven wrong, I find the paranormal fascinating.
10. Where is your favourite place in the world?
Definitely Whitby in North Yorkshire. I had brilliant family holidays there when I was young, I used to call it ‘little town Whitby’. We had our honeymoon there and have been on family holidays with our girls. There is just something magical about it with the ancient abbey ruins on the cliff top overlooking all the quaint little shops, pubs and cobbled streets,
11. What TV gameshow would you most like to go on?
My husband and I recently watched The Hunted on channel 4. I’d like to think I could live in the wilderness for a month to win £100,000. Avoiding capture would be the scary part!
My questions for my nominees:
1. You have a free day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world and money was no object where would you go?
3. Do you prefer cosy nights in or crazy nights out?
4. What is your favourite time of year?
5. Who is your favourite blogger at the moment?
6. What is the last book you read?
7. What could you not live without? (Other than the basics like food, water and air etc)
8. Do you prefer country living or the big city?
9. What TV show are you hooked on right now?
10. If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be?
11. If you could give any advice to your younger self, what would it be?
My nominees are: